Too often cyclists forget about their feet and it’s not until they are in pain that they give them any attention. By then it’s too late. The most common type of foot pain generally falls into two categories: hot spot/friction injuries and compressive injuries.
“Aligning the foot and making it a stable structure on the pedal is a very important first step towards achieving a durable, efficient and powerful cycling position” – Nick Formosa
- Ill-fitting footwear or inappropriate cycling shoes – everyone is different when it comes to their feet and shoes. There are some shoes that suit people better than others.
- Incorrect cleat positioning.
- Podiatry issues with your feet.
- A bad or out-of-date bike set-up.
How the footbed fits in the overall bike-fitting process
Cyclists of any kind should pay attention to footbeds and insoles just as much as anything else to do with the set-up process. Why? Read on…
- A quality footbed gives you a solid foundation when you ride.
- Helps you to ride more efficiently.
- The whole bike-fit process starts with your feet.
- Fütbed creation can be completed in conjunction with a bike fit.
- During a bike-fit consultation the fitter will evaluate the data captured by our 3-D system.
- We can mould your Fütbeds onsite during your bike fit.
- We use the latest tools and technology.
- We will make sure the foot-shoe-pedal interface is as comfortable as possible.
How to stop or prevent foot injuries:
1. Custom insole/Fütbed moulding
Most foot problems are typically easy to resolve with appropriate equipment selection such as non-slip footbeds with metatarsal buttons. As part of our comprehensive bike-fitting service we offer customised insoles and footbed moulding because we believe having good feet and leg alignment is the foundation of comfort.
2. Well-fitted shoes
Quality is key to performance and comfort. You must try on different makes, models and sizes. Just as your bike and insoles should be moulded to your specific requirements, so too should your shoes.
3. A professional bike fit
As part of our bike-fit service, we align the foot and make it a stable structure on the pedal because it is a very important first step towards achieving an efficient, powerful, comfortable and durable cycling position.
“Most cycling shoes are only as good as the footbeds that are in them” – Nick Formosa
It’s crucial to remember footwear and cleat positioning play a major role in injury management and prevention. If a cyclist’s foot is not locked, or it moves within the shoe, it may cause injury and can create inefficiency.
We will help you deal with your injuries and many people feel comfortable in talking with us about their injuries, regardless of how personal they are. If we feel your injuries are outside of our scope and expertise, we will refer you to one of our trusted professional physicians.
Call us today on (07) 3844 0226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us help you with custom Fütbed moulding and insoles.
MORE INFO: Find out more about why you need a professional bike fit here.