Nick has lived and breathed bikes since he was 16 and worked in a bike shop. Ever since, his passion hasn’t waned and he continues to live his dream, travelling the globe, competing and coaching up-and-coming and professional athletes.
He has a plethora of cycling experience, which spans a 30-year career of road and track racing, retail, health and fitness, and coaching.
But it was working in the bike retail and wholesale industry for 15 years where Nick was first introduced to bike fitting. He hasn’t looked back and carved a successful business and new career path in the area.
A successful athlete himself, Nick has been a fitness and cycling coach since 2000 and still coaches and trains professional athletes all over the world today. He has held a senior coaching role with the Queensland Academy of Sport since 2009 as a cycling coach (both road and track racing) and is also involved with coaching for the National Para Cycling Program (Australian team).
Since 2011, the Bike Fit Studio team has been head educators for Retül University in Australasia (including Australia, New Zealand, some parts of Asia, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore). Nick is the only Retül University fitter to be awarded Lead Faculty – the highest level of certification in Australia.
He has also won and been nominated for Cycling Australia and Cycling Queensland awards.
Nick and the Bike Fit Studio Brisbane team have also worked with professional teams and staff including bike fitting for Orica Green Edge, Drapac Pro Cycling and Budget Forklifts.
6 interesting facts about Nick Formosa
- Nick’s greatest inspiration comes from his parents Manny and Mary Formosa who moved to Australia from Malta with no money to give their children a better life.
- He was selected to represent Malta in the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
- He is the director of Cadence Cycling and Back2Health.
- Nick loves nothing more than hang out with his family.
- He has coached athletes to World Championship medals; gold, silver and bronze
- Winner of the Cycling Queensland Association 2009 Coach of the Year Award
- Diploma of Fitness/Business and Exercise Science
- Certificate IV Lifestyle Coaching
- Level 2 Cycling Coach
- Completion of all Retul University courses
To work with Bike Fit Studio call today on (07) 3844 0226 or email email@example.com
For information on cycling and being bike fit visit our